wow this is amazing
Here are some awesome and empowering quotes from several very strong female celebrities.
And Kristen Stewart.
No, you know what? Fuck you.
Let me tell you about Kristen Stewart.
Let’s talk about how she’s the centerpiece of one of the most inexplicably popular misogynistic pieces of film shit and somehow gets blamed for it sucking, despite the fact that, hey, the books were actually worse. For those who were lucky enough to escape reading the actual books, her apparent lack of emotion is 100% accurate to Bella’s character, because Bella is in fact not a character but a blank white wall for fourteen-year-old girls to project themselves onto. Robert Pattinson is not the only one in the cast who hates Twilight, thank you.
Let’s talk about how she got crucified in the media for having an affair with a married man, when that man was her director. And let’s remember that she was called all manner of things for “ruining her relationship with RPattz” when she wasn’t even engaged to the dude, let alone married with kids. But oh no, she gets called a slut because she’s Kristen Stewart, she gets her career fucked because she’s Kristen Stewart, and the dude gets off scott free.
Let’s talk about how she is incredibly shy and anxious (rather, incidentally, like Chris Evans) but does film anyway, because she’s just that awesome.
Fuck your noise. She’s not the best actor in the world but she sure as hell doesn’t deserve that kind of shit.
THANK YOU ^
If I’m a sarcastic asshole when I talk to you its either because I really like you and feel comfortable teasing you
Or I really hate you and don’t care if you know it
Good luck figuring out which one
Nix are male water spirits who play beautiful, enchanting songs on the violin. Similar to Sirens, they lure people in with their songs, however, it is not always to kill them, sometimes they just want an audience.
If approached correctly, a musician can get a Nix to teach them how to play their songs. Even when a human plays them, they are said to be so beautiful that trees dance and waterfalls stop to better hear it.
btw guys, you do know that if you’re gonna boycott abercrombie, you have to also boycott hot topic, hollister, and american eagle because they’re all owned by the same company
And nothing of value was lost
(thanks to GuerillaFeminism)
its liTTLE BUTT MAKES A HEART IM DEAD
Just clarifying, the world is irritated at that scene with Ms. Marcus being in her undies not because she’s in her undies, but because we see her in her undies through Kirk’s gaze without her consent. In fact, she expressly asks that he not look and he does anyways.
So, yeah, this isn’t even really an issue of exploitation. It’s a fucking basic issue of a consent and sexual harassment in a movie where she gets her agency taken away from her in other ways later on, too (and most other women lack active roles in their own and everyone else’s fate, as well).
The exploitation is just sort of sprinkling on top, since the only other moment comparable in terms of nudity is when Kirk is in his underwear after receiving empowering sexual gratification not with one but two other partners. His moment is not that of vulnerability the way hers is, his is a moment we are supposed to admire.
Since J.J. Abrams is suddenly so concerned with coming across as sexist in Star Trek, and seems convinced sexism can be solved with (what he believes to be) equal-opportunity objectification, I’d like to offer a few suggestions as to some other changes he could’ve made to STID to even things out a little.
- Every replicator on the ship begins to produce uniform shirts two sizes too small. The dress-style uniforms remain unchanged.
- Every unnecessary railing on the bridge is removed and replaced by comfy chairs with cupholders from which members of the crew may sit and witness the magnificence of their Captain’s ass in action whenever they please.
- Carol Marcus ends that scene by phasering Kirk directly in the balls, and breaks the fourth wall when she stares the camera down and says “ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THIS SHIT.”
- Additionally, she begins her own five year mission of discovery re: just how legendary Dr. McCoy’s hands are. The audience is invited.
- In fact, Dr. McCoy just spends the entire movie shirtless. No explanation is given, as none is needed.
- Uhura is carried everywhere on a golden litter by four Engineering ensigns, with a fifth following up in the rear carrying a boombox playing Beyoncé on a constant loop.
- (the fifth guy is totally Spock)
Additions are welcomed and gratefully accepted.
“money doesn’t buy happiness”
let me test this hypothesis
you can have it all
so do you guys think the world is going to end in 2012 or what